Sunday, June 6, 2010

Comfortably Numb

You know that numbness you get when you've slept awkwardly hampering proper blood flow to your arm? Well, it's like that but not. It's not in that there is no numbness, but it is in that no matter how much to will a joint to articulate it just flat refuses. I'm either picking it up with my other hand or having to concentrate on one isolated movement at a time, so that my left arms sees that I mean it no harm.

I'm on the second of the three heating pads I bought yesterday. I'll do a full day of work tomorrow, go by to see my sister then possibly head home for a little bit before going to a graduation party in Arlington. I'll attempt a few range-of-motion exercises while at the office, wearing the sling most of the day, and save the last heating pad for Tuesday.

Still having to sleep on my back; found a position with a pillow under my arm to put the shoulder in a more neutral position. Been taking the pain meds only at night. Took a half dose yesterday afternoon with no noticeable side affects. May need a hit after work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment