Saturday, June 5, 2010

So far, so good?

Put the sling through the laundry. While washing, made a run to The Hawks Nest for lunch, before a short shopping trip to Target.

Lunch was good and reasonably priced. I can vouch for their iced tea, chefs salad and club sandwich. It seems to be a relatively new family run business. Can't complain - all things considered. We'll see how they do over the test of time. I hope it's good. The world needs more places like that.

Target was the usual, though we managed to stick to our list, or well within a reasonable margin. Having a Starbucks in house is great for caffeinating or calming, depending on your poison of choice, before a foray into the devil's den of well researched retail marketing strategy.

One item on the list was a box of the adhesive disposable heating pads. Have one wrapped across my left shoulder as I type. The adhesive didn't stand a chance against my grisly haired hide, but a snugly fitting "under armor'ish" shirt is keeping it in place. After an hour or two of futuristic crime novel in the reading room, I was able to stand up from the plushy office chair for the first time without using my right arm to first gather and secure my left. The heating pad has another five hours left, according to the box. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment