Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Statii

My friend, Dave, arrives home from his half-way-'cross-country bicycle trip tomorrow, 24 days after his departure. I'm sure his home coming will be warm and sweet; as I imagine mine would after so many days away from Glenna, Caleb and Ashlyn. Right now I can't see myself ever having a desire to make such an effort, certainly not alone. However, when my shoulder is long since back in riding form, I've worn through more than a few sets of tires and bike frames and maintaining my level of fitness demands a bigger challenge than can be coaxed out of a local trail between work and bed time; I'm sure Mr. Hill will be willing to offer his sage wisdom in all things pedal-adventurous.

So as far as my shoulder goes - which isn't very far but still farther than last post - I've been without the sling for a number of days, perhaps 4 to 6... I slept on my side of the bed last night. I've also learned that 2 hours at the laptop in it's usual place on the end of the table is not good when muscles are in the mood to stay in any given position for an unnatural while. It's best to frequently change positions, mainly by changing "tasks". That way I have an easier time adjusting to the sleep position and, of course, sleep itself.

Today is 3 weeks since the fall. Another week and some moderate weight training may be hazarded for a more timely complete recovery. I'll ask around, take small bites and leave some time between bites to listen for my body's reaction.

Now to see if I have any friends with physical training experience that could give me some rehab advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment